The weather was excellent and I got a view from the top of every hill I climbed :-) I saw plenty of people in the Mamores on Saturday, but only a couple of other backpackers on Sunday. My route for Saturday turned out to be somewhat ambitious given that I couldn't get to Glen Nevis before 10:30am and it gets dark around 6:30pm. However this proved to be a blessing in disguise as it meant I had the option of a high camp instead of my planned valley camp, and what a spot I chose to camp! It was easily one of the best places I've pitched my tent for some time. I shall have to camp high again soon!
|Camp on the east ridge of Stob Coire a' Chairn, just below the summit|
- Original slightly ambitious plans for the weekend
- Day 1 - Glen Nevis to Stob Coire a' Chairn
- Day 2 - Stob Coire a' Chairn to near Corriechoille
- Photos from the trip (geotagged)
- Social Hiking map, with occasional tweets and photos