I sought interest from various people and arranged to go away with Mark and Shona for the weekend. Due to the excellent weather forecast we settled on Skye, which I was very pleased with as I still had the northern half of the Cuillin Munros left to climb! We had quite a varied trip with two days scrambling in the Cuillin and two days backpacking in Trotternish. Many thanks to Mark and Shona for such an excellent few days in the hills! The good weather helped too!!
This post is an index of my blog posts for the individual days, some of which were written on my phone whilst on Skye (to which I've now added route maps and photos) and some of which were written up later due to lack of time...
- Plans and live Social Hiking map with occasional geo-tagged photos
- Saturday 2nd June - The Northern Cuillin from Sligachan
- Sunday 3rd June - The Central Cuillin from Glen Brittle
- Monday 4th June - Trotternish Traverse Day 1
- Tuesday 5th June - Trotternish Traverse Day 2
- Photos from the trip (N.B. Quite a few due to the excellent weather!!)
All in all in was an excellent trip and I am looking forward to returning to Skye at some point in the next few years as I still have Bla Bheinn to climb, which looks awesome!!