The weather proved to be even better than originally forecast (well apart from Saturday evening when it rained heavily for several hours!) and we even got some views from the summits of all six Munros that we climbed. We had a pleasant high camp by the shore of Loch Etchachan on the Saturday evening and once away from the main valley paths, we only saw one other walker on Saturday and two others on Sunday.
This post is an index on my blog posts on the trip, which I have updated to include more photos and maps of our routes, and there's also a link to more of my photos from the weekend, my original plans and my Social Hiking map from the trip.
- Original plans for the weekend
- Day 1 - Linn of Dee to Loch Etchachan, via Carn a' Mhaim, Ben Macdui and Derry Cairngorm
- Day 2 - Loch Etchachan to Linn of Dee, via Beinn Mheadhoin, Beinn a' Chaorainn and Beinn Bhreac
- Photos from the trip (geotagged)
- Social Hiking map, with occasional tweets and photos
|Loch Etchachan and Ben Macdui from slopes of Beinn Mheadhoin|